Thursday, February 25, 2010

What is the best brand of interior house paint in your opinion?

give a reason for your choice too please...What is the best brand of interior house paint in your opinion?
The very best is Martin Senour Paints. It goes on smoothly, covers well.





The difference in their oil paint and others is that others oil paints are like painting with water, this is more like painting with whipped cream. It covers so well.





They make about 4 different levels of paint. The very best grade is not always my first choice, the grade of paint called Bright Life is very good. My choice for walls is eggshell finish, it goes on well and looks like velvet once up. It also cleans up well with water.





As I said before I prefer an Alkyd base for trim. I think it is how it holds up in the long run, not the fact it is hard to clean the brushes while putting it on that is the most important factor.





They also have an awesome line of paints called Tough Coat, that are good for inside and outside painting.





The color line is absolutely one of the most diverse I have seen out there. Great selection of colors.What is the best brand of interior house paint in your opinion?
Don't know which country your in but in Australia I would highly recommend Taubmans livingproof which is their premium brand. Heres why, the paint contains Teflon and therefore any dirt / hand marks / crayon / grease etc is not absorbed by the paint and very easy to clean off. Living proof also has a great warranty and is very easy to apply.
I'm curious as to why you want advice about paint if you are a painting contractor.
I like Valspar from Lowe's, and Behr, available at Home Depot. They cover very well and don't dry too fast. Also they have minimal odor. I find Sherwin Williams to be less glossy than indicated - SW's eggshell is really flat. And Sear's paint is pretty thin. I don't care for Benjamin Moore because it gives off terrible odors. I do like Coronodo - like Behr and Valspar it wears well, minimal fading, and low odor.
Kelly-Moore, goes on easy, covers good and lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment