Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What name brand of paint should I get to paint the outside of my house?

there is a brand that is supposed to be the best for outdoors but im not sure of the name, i think its wheather-something





hope this helps!What name brand of paint should I get to paint the outside of my house?
go to consumer reports.What name brand of paint should I get to paint the outside of my house?
I've been a painting contractor for 26 years . As with most consumer products a manufacturer will make a line to fit everyones needs and budget. so is the same with paint companies,they all make a low grade paint, several mid grade paints and a top of the line paint. any manufacturer's best of the line is what to look for. but the prep work is of greater importance than the top coat being the best.
use a paint that is designed for your area. There is numerous


brands available but each of them have different grades.


tract house, commercial, and higher end quality.


Prep, prime and good quality with eggshell or semigloss which will seal better.
Find a local paint for your climate.


I live in Toronto, bad climate for paint, I used local brands as thier paint was made for Toronto.


Do not bu Behr from Home Depot.


Buy the best possible paint as your time preparing is more expensive then painting.


Make sure you prime all surfaces before painting.


My email address is on site
Dulex maisonnary paint.
I like Benjamin Moore, Glidden, Ace Hardware Paints, Behr. They are all good, but Benjamin Moore stands out among the best.
I've been painting for over 35 yrs now and the best paints I've had good luck with has been the ICI glidden top of the line, ';DULUX Line'; use their product called ';FORTIS'; it's in the same category as Sherwin Williams ';Duration'; and has a lifetime warranty, that's a joke with any paint now days if you get 6 to 8 yrs on a paint job consider yourself lucky. 2nd best would have to be ';Sears Weatherbeater'; for the price and quality you can't beat it and 3rd would be ';Benjamin Moore'; and I only use this now because the ICI has moved from my area and clients always take the Ben Moore over Sears, people seem to think if you pay more for a product it's better, not always true. Not sure where you live (I'm in Northeast) and I agree with one of the other answers buy from a local paint store and stay away from the big box stores. The climate in your area will dictate what product to use a California product isn't good for the northeast, Good luck Les the painter
nippon
I always used Sherwin-Williams paints for both interior and exterior. It may be a little more expensive, but it is worth the extra couple of bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment