Saturday, February 27, 2010

Are there any brands of artists oil paints and terpentine that have no smell or are water soluable? ?

I'm looking to try oil paints . I have been painting for years with acrylics and I want to try oils but I hate the smell of the turpentine the oil paints need to wash brushes out . Is there any alternative for me ?Are there any brands of artists oil paints and terpentine that have no smell or are water soluable? ?
This link will take you to the catalog section on Water-miscible oil paint.





http://www.danielsmith.com/category~cat~鈥?/a>Are there any brands of artists oil paints and terpentine that have no smell or are water soluable? ?
Hi,





Talens and Winsor and Newton have modified oil colours that are mixed with water based mediums.





Kind regards,





Jos茅http://www.myspace.com/hushcolours
There is an ';odorless'; turpentine. My experience is that it is not as good as turpentine nor odorless. The odor is just not as strong. However, I find the ammonia smell of acrylics much more offensive than oils or turpentine.
There are two types of oil paints


Oil based and water based





the water based is what you need to use wash your brushes out with water but have the same effect and consistancy





you can purchase them from arts suppliers and their are plenty on line aswell





De

No comments:

Post a Comment