Thursday, February 25, 2010

What is a good brand of RED acrylic paint?

I've used Liquitex and some cheaper ones, and nothing is a good solid Red. It takes me 5 coats to get even sort of an opaque layer. So what's a good brand, so I don't have to use a whole tube for one damn painting?What is a good brand of RED acrylic paint?
Golden makes a good acrylic paint. You definitely want to use professional quality paint rather than cheap student grade or craft grade paint. You will pay more for the professional grade paint, but as you have found out with the cheap paint; it's worth it.What is a good brand of RED acrylic paint?
there is a colorfast rating on each bottle. each type of RED paint is rated for a different opacity. Choose an opaque paint. Make sure you are choosing colors and not hues, too, as these can be of lower quality. Your best bet is to go into a serious art store and talk to the folks who work there about how to read the lables and which brands they trust that they sell.





I don't know what you are painting, but I'm sure you know that there is a huge spectrum of RED paint hues. The chemical components of the different colors can make a difference to their opacity, but quite often it is the medium/ pigment ratio. The shopkeeps should be able to help you understand all that, too.





I have a degree in painting from one of the best schools on earth. I use liquitex paints sometimes with great results.
I use Deco Art Crafter's Acrylic, you can buy it pretty much anywhere for a low price. Although it seems cheap, it works well. I am actually working on a painting in which the girl is wearing a red dress, and I only had to do one coat to get it looking good.


I would also suggest looking for those bigger containers of acrylic, because they can be easy to water down, and you don't need to use much because they are so thick.


Hope I helped!
Go to art supply shop and ask for the Professional acrylic paint, they will show you and they will tell you the difference of different brands, mind you it is expensive, but you don't have to use the whole tube for one damn painting. Good luck
  • cute hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment