Saturday, February 27, 2010

When painting interior of a house, should you stick to one brand or line of paint -- or does it not matter?

It doesn't matter. I've used Glidden, Behr, and Sherwin WIlliams paints in different rooms in my home.When painting interior of a house, should you stick to one brand or line of paint -- or does it not matter?
If it is the same room, I'd stick with the same brand. If you are painting many rooms, it would be OK to use different brands in each room. Just don't mix the brands in the same room.When painting interior of a house, should you stick to one brand or line of paint -- or does it not matter?
You would want to stick with the same brand in each room. Not all brands have the same base which makes the colors just a tad bit different.
I try to use a good grade of paint throughout...but I am most interested in getting the absolute shade I want. Some companies are really good at computer matching--if I can find a color I love in my wardrobe, or on a swatch, etc--or a chip in another LINE of paint then I can easily purchase it all in the same brand. I also look for a person who is mixing that is easy to deal with...if I like them I find out their name and schedule. I also keep a little notebook with the rooms written down and the paint ';recipe'; (the code) to mix it up...I always keep some extra, but I keep that recipe JUST IN CASE.....you never know and I have had situations where I needed it!!!!
It really doesn't matter, especially if you are using different colors and painting different rooms. However, I would make sure to use the same or a similar sheen throughout the house. This will provide continuity, although subtle. The shinier your paint, the easier it is to clean. However, the shinier your paint, the more every flaw in your wall is accentuated.

No comments:

Post a Comment