Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm looking for a good paint for nylon. What brand should I use?

I want to black-out a 'rip-stop' tent in order to develop photographs outdoors, on the hills.





ThanksI'm looking for a good paint for nylon. What brand should I use?
I don't think paint will work. Instead, overlay the tent with 6 mil black plastic.I'm looking for a good paint for nylon. What brand should I use?
Why don't you just carry a sheet of black poly (Visqueen) with you to cover the tent while you develop. It is light weight and you don't have to ruin a perfectly good tent.
Why don't you use a blackout bag instead?


Ther's an example of one for sale on ebay.co.uk at the moment, item 230077795875
Most paints would probably ';crack'; on fabric, i.e. emulsion etc.





I found this link from a kite-maker who suggests using Dylon dyes to dye the fabric. http://www.akg.cwc.net/dying.txt





Not sure it would have a ';blackout'; effect, though. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment