Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I would like some opinions on the best brand of interior paint.?

We are getting ready to paint our living room, dining room, stairwell and hall. I love Sherwin Williams Duration but can't find the color I need with that brand. I would like some opinions as to the best brand of interior paint. Thank you.I would like some opinions on the best brand of interior paint.?
Certainly you may get a hundred answers here based on personal preference, possibly through experience.





I paint, every day of my life and I won't try to offend anyone, but basic formulations have absolutely nothing to do with labels on a can.





Obviously SW makes a decent product, but the pigments, vehicles, and formulations might also be brand labeled for multiple companies.





One of the issues you should research, especially with a SW dealer, OR ANY, is that color matching is computerized, and changes by DYE LOT in the pigment batch, and or in the individula brannd that may have colors by NAME, exclusive to them. I promise you,,,Take ';Peach Coral'; (example) with an SW brand name, to ANY valid paint dealer, and they can probably match it, or come close enough to be OK with you. Even Walmart uses computer color matching. Obviously that suggests that you have a sample of the color you want to be matched.





Beyond that The formulation of the paint, dictates durability and CLEANability, as well as coverage. ALL will have variations in THIS WILL LAST FOR a MILLION YEARS.





Steven Wolf


Just my two ';sense';I would like some opinions on the best brand of interior paint.?
That is the best paint. Try to find a color that works.
i've been painting interiors and exteriors and chemical plants and cars for 40 years. sherwin williams and anyother paint manufacturer makes a decent paint. but for my money if you want idiot proof paint that a 4 year old can touch up 3 years after application, get the regal matt by benjamine moore. that stuff actually impressed me.
i like ben moore,it washes nice,covers well
Sherwin Williams is my favorite. Close second is Red Spot, followed by Behr, Glidden and Lucite, in order. I prefer Acrylic Latex in all brands

No comments:

Post a Comment