Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How can you get highway paint off of your brand new truck?

I was riding down the highway where they were repainting the yellow lines on the center of the road and yellow paint got all over the driver side of my new truck - also on the corner of my chrome bumper and underneath the wheel well. What is the best way to safely remove this paint without hurting the finish. Thanks!How can you get highway paint off of your brand new truck?
same thing happen to me a day ago. when i calledthe illinois trans dept. about this they told me to use denature achlol. but not working.


some one told me to use a clay type thing. i just talked to someone they said mineral spirt is the best.How can you get highway paint off of your brand new truck?
If it was my truck I would use paint thinner and making sure that I do not let it sit on there. wipe with a Filled rag then wipe off with dry. you may also try a cleaner wax safe for clear coats. do all this in a small area that's in a area that you really don't see. done this many times!!. Also chrome will come very clean, this even takes rust off the chrome is fast orange hand cleaner. don't use the one with pumice. hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment