Thursday, February 25, 2010

How can I start painting Breyer (or other brands) horse models?

I'm a painter and very interested in horses and just learned most of the models are ';custom'; made. What kind of paints would I need, supplies, etc?How can I start painting Breyer (or other brands) horse models?
I would suggest wet sanding them first with some 400-600 grit sandpaper. Next prime them with a good hobby type primer, like Tamiya brand. Even Rustoleum or Duplicolor(auot parts store) as long as it's a sandable primer. Let dry for a day, then lightly wet sand again smooth. Then paint with whatever paint you want, even acrylics. Airbrushing will give you better results the brush painting. Don't be in a rush as the first one will be a test, more or less. Good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment