Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is Winstor and Newton a good oil paint brand for a serious artist?

Yes Winsor Newton is good. I find Gamblin (Portland) and Schmink (German) to be better paints. Gamblin is my favorite. They're colors are so vivid compared to other paints.Is Winstor and Newton a good oil paint brand for a serious artist?
yes, very expensive though. If you are just starting out you may want to try a student grade brand.Is Winstor and Newton a good oil paint brand for a serious artist?
Yes certainly one of the best and very good value for money . Don't skimp on the paint quality or the brushes. I am a proffessional artist .


I buy.......


wood stretchers to make up myself


role of canvas ready rabbit glued


or hard board cut by the suppliers to sizes you want if I need really small I cut these myself


tub of synthetic gesso


good quality brushes


good quality paints (don't buy too many colours but mix them yourself) large tube of white saves money)


white spirit


refined linseed oil . ( there is a large range of oils some dry quicker than others )


throw away pallet ( cardboard rectangle 12' x 8篓' covered with grease proof kitchen baking paper) Wooden ones need cleaning and wastes the paint and holding the pallett can give you back ache


portable metal easel
One of the best. Easily mixable
yes.
Winsor%26amp;Newton is just great. They have a cheaper grade called ';Winton'; which is very good too. Their ';Alkyd'; is good too. It's a resin based ';oil type'; paint that dries quicker than oil but handles much the same way. I use and swear by Grumabacher Max which is an oil that cleans with soap and water. I am a serious artist. I do portraits. I make my living this way.
One of the best, and their price reflects that. They have good, fine pigments and the paint is very consistent. It's just good stuff to work with.
yup!





go winsor...go newton... go yyyyy!!!





happy creating!!


paint on my friend!!
Windsor %26amp; Newton are actually recognised as one of the best brands of oil paint you can buy, so I'd have to say yes, if you're a serious painter, that's the way to go :)
  • cute hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment